hotmail.com sign in
http://www.hotmail.com/ was launched in 1996 a, It was the first free web based email service in this world. Hotmail was founded by two people, Sabeer Bhatia and Jack Smith. This messaging service was originally spelled HoTMaiL, keeping an emphasis on the “HTML” in the name. World leading software giant Microsoft acquired Hotmail in 1997.
Microsoft revamped www.hotmail.com and renamed the service as Outlook.com in august 2012.Hotmail took care of the email needs of the common man before Gmail became the email giant. Actually hotmail was one of the first web-based email services to provide free email accounts and data storage. Microsoft acquired hotmail in 1997; it was later renamed as MSN Hotmail which continued to gain traction for another decade until Gmail showed up is mark.
The free accounts offered features such as spam filters, security like enhanced virus scanning and storage up to 250-MB When Hotmail first launched. Hotmail users were also provided with a schedule calendar when Microsoft acquired the email service. It was also provided with the capability to save contact lists in an address book. To upgrade their Hotmail account, Users could choose to pay a subscription fee as mentioned in HoTMaiL website.
At this moment, Outlook.com service provides virtually unlimited storage for free of cost, and free connections to Skype, twitter, Facebook, Gmail and other websites. You can also use Outlook to send and receive Outlook.com email.
www.hotmail.com account Sign In
Hotmail is a free e-mail service provided by Microsoft which was first established in 1995. Right now it is offering email accounts with 5GB of storage space 25GB of space on Windows Live Sky drive. The login information i.e. username and password would let you access other Microsoft Windows Live services when once you create a Hotmail account. In the same way business and organizations can also get Hotmail for their own domain name.
Recently, Microsoft announced that the new version of its messaging service out of his stage “Preview”. A series of updates have been made to existing outlook, the transition to the new interface has been effective for all users of Hotmail.com. Your Hotmail account will become accessible at Outlook.com
The only change the interface you are using as of today is Outlook.com. But remember that you can still use your Hotmail account without any problem normal. It is very simple and easy to move from Hotmail to outlook new platform. You will not lose your contacts by doing so and your inbox will continue unchanged .All emails that you receive will keep coming to that address.
Steps to sing into hotmail.com
- First of all users must go through Official Website i.e. www.hotmail.com
- Users will also have the option of entering the Hotmail in their web browser to get the sign in page of Windows Live Hotmail on their desktops.
- You will be provided with 5GB free storage space if you are already an existing user of the Hotmail account or its services.
- Check the right hand side of the website, you will find a section for existing customers who asks for your email id as well as your password.
- Just click the sign in the button just below the two boxes where you have entered the email id and password to complete the sign up. You will enter into your Hotmail email account after completing this process.
- Once you have entered your email account and signed in, you have the liberty to view emails or send emails.
- In incase, you have entered a wrong password while signing in, a pop up message will be displayed on your screen saying that you have entered an incorrect email ID or password.
- A link called “Can’t access your account?” will help you to retrieve the password incase if you have forgotten it. You can click that link which will take you to a new page where you will be asked to enter your email ID along with the characters that you see to help you to reset your password. It is the only link that enables to create a new password.
What to do if you’re I forgot password link is not working?
- If you’ve forgotten or lost your password, then by following few easy steps it is very easy to create a new one.
- Go to reset your password option to begin.
- Select the reason why you are unable to sign in, select next and proceed further.
- Enter the email address you used when you created your Microsoft account.
- Key in the characters you see on the screen and select next.
- Choose what type of verification mode you want, a onetime code will be sent to your alternate phone number or email address.
Enter the code you receive on the next screen, and create a new password.
Hotmail would probably not show you the login fields if on a previous log in, if you had checked the “Remember me on this computer” box and instead display your email address .Just move your mouse over it. As soon as you do, you’ll get to see the “Sign in” button. Hit on it and enter the password in the field that appears. You will be redirected to login page with in fraction of seconds.
Accessing www.hotmail.com emails
Depending on the Hotmail settings, when once you successfully logged in at your account, you shall either see either the MSN today page or the Inbox. Today, MSN is a screen with links and images of the latest news. If is not something that matters the most to you, just get rid of it and move to next task.
, Folders that have new unread messages will be set in bold letters with the number of unread messages in the MSN home page. Remember to look in the Junk folder for a message which you were expecting to see in the Inbox. In Hotmail, the junk filter traps legitimate emails and marks them as spam or phishing attacks.
Take after these guidelines for www.hotmail.com
On your web program enter live.com you will arrive on Microsoft account sign in page.
- Enter Live email address and its correct password. Remember to enter full email address email@example.com Live Mail passwords are case sensitive, it’s better to check CapsLock key before you enter.
- Keep me signed in.
This option is to remember your login credentials for next time when you sign into Live Mail account. We strongly recommend not check/tick on it, if you’re using any public or non-trusted devices as it saves your login credentials as cookies on web browser.
- Click on Sign in. By clicking sign in box, you will reach to Outlook inbox page.
Live Mail sign in process is now completed and you can access to different services offered from Microsoft. At the top of the Outlook inbox page you will find different Products located and linked to the page. (blue box on default setting) Check/Click on products you want to use further.
- Outlook sign in from web for Corporate Exchange-based email (Not Office 365)
- Step 1: Visit web address given by your IT division or the individual who deal with your mail account. For ex. an association named case may have utilized a location like https://mail.example.com.
- Step 2: Enter your full email location and secret key and snap ‘Sign in’.
This is otherwise called Outlook web access which grants you for getting to messages that don’t have email customer introduced and it works in every single real program and all significant OS real stages. You can likewise login to Outlook from versatile.
Hotmail is an alternative email service that has gained popularity online in 2018, it was in action since many years but gained popularity over the last few years after Microsoft has made some changes to it. Windows Live service can be used from anywhere in the world; security settings were recently updated for users. Let us know how to create a Hotmail email account in this article? Hotmail is very good alternative to other email services, which giving toucg competition to Google’s Gmail. Hotmail can be used to send and receive informative messages. Infact it offers refreshed anti-spam and hack protection software for users.
This most famous messaging service is connected to a slew of other services including Windows Live ID and other Microsoft services. It updated to integrate the new Outlook email service in February 2013, completely new look has been brought to the interface.
Steps to create www.hotmail.com or Outlook account
- In order to create a Hotmail or Outlook account, users need to create a Microsoft account. Access hotmail main page for creating an account.
- Individuals need to input some personal information before they can complete this process. Users need to enter user name, date of birth and gender to create an account.
- There is an option to log in via a new email address or you can use a phone number to sign up and confirm your new account
- Make sure that you enter a new strong password to protect your account and personal emails.
- We recommend you to include capital and combination of lowercase letters, special characters, and numbers in your password to make it robust enough.
- You need to test your login with your new username and password after entering the required particulars. Once you are done with the above given steps, you can begin adding contacts and using the email services.
Instructions to protect your www.hotmail.com account from being hacked
Now a days, Hacking and unauthorized access have become more frequent as criminal sophistication improves. Individuals will need to make sure their Hotmail account is as secure as possible when they are using it. Protecting their account can be done in a number of ways:
- Try to set a strong password that is difficult to guess and with lots of variation to make it as secure as possible.
- You will need to connect to your Hotmail account with HTTPS, and make sure that you are on a secure server connection. Make sure that any data communication is sent between you and the server will not be intercepted by hackers.
- Make sure that your password reset information in your Hotmail account is always up to date, you’ll always be able to reset your password using the recovery information if incase you have forgotten it. You need to go to Windows Live account page to recover your password.
- Prefer to use HTTPS instead of simple HTTP on public computers.
- Always use two step verification for secure login